Acne scars are frustrating to see and for many people, its appearance will affect both their social and professional life.
Treating acne scars and eliminating them is possible through different methods that can reduce the appearance of the scars drastically. You can have peace of mind knowing that you don’t have to live with acne scars forever and learning about the different methods is the first step in treating them. It’s important to know that there is no one form of treatment that will work on everyone, as each patient has different types of acne scars like raised scars or dark spots, for example. For this reason, it’s necessary to first determine what type of acne scar you have to treat it accordingly.
Scars range from mild to severe and this too will make a difference in terms of the treatment as severe acne scars require in-depth care, including surgical options, while mild scars can be treated with products that contain vitamin C. Regardless of the type of acne you have, they are all treatable so long as you get a proper diagnosis so that you can apply the correct form of treatment. Consulting with a skin professional is always recommended as this will ensure you receive the right information that will guide you towards the right treatment. Results will only be visible if you follow the recommendation and this will also ensure you don’t waste time or energy on products and treatments that will not work.
Some of the most popular treatments include:
- Alpha hydroxy acids. This is found in many acne medications and is usually the first step that people turn to. This ingredient helps to remove dead skin cells while unclogging pores and while it doesn’t have the ability to heal scars, it can reduce their visibility.
- Retinoid. This is a chemical that will smooth scars while restoring the patient’s complexion through the process of cell regeneration. It will make your skin very sensitive to the sun, so you must apply sunscreen as well.
- Lactic acid peels. This is treatment should be done once every two weeks roughly for about three months in order to see results. This is a popular option because it helps to improve both the texture and pigmentation of the skin and will also lower the visibility of scars as well.
- Chemical peels. A strong acid is applied to remove the top layer of the skin to allow for the treatment of deeper scars.
- Microneedling. Another very popular option that uses tiny needled tools to puncture numb skin and treat the scars. As the patient’s skin starts to heal, it will produce collagen that will eliminate all of the scars.
Azure Skin Care in Surrey can help with your scar needs, we offer services such as nano-fractional resurfacing, IPL, microdermabrasion and peels, as well as products such as silicone scar gel, and fading products. Azure is a full-service medi-spa and can help with all of your beauty needs. We offer a number of services including body contouring, laser hair removal, and waxing, so for a comfortable spa experience and real results, give us a call to book an appointment today!