First Level Protection: Limited Occupancy
Maximum Occupancy of Spa (including Staff): 5
In order to reduce the number of people at the spa, work schedules have been adjusted (Table 1).
Occupancy Limits for rooms at the spa are as follows:
- Kitchen/ Laundry – 1 person at a time. No eating in this area. No more than 5 minutes in the area.
- Reception Area – No waiting allowed. 1 client and 1 practitioner in the area at a time.
- Treatment Room 1 (Kamal) – maximum 2 people
- Treatment Room 2 (Helen/ Dr. Ham) – maximum 3 people (Dr. Ham + client + Helen)
- Treatment Room 3 (Esther) – maximum 2 people
Clients may NOT be accompanied by another person, if that person is planning to wait in the spa for the client, or in the treatment room.
All visitors to the spa must have a prior appointment, no walk-ins will be received.
|Dr.Ham||OFF||OFF||14:00-18:00||09:00 – 12:00||OFF||OFF||OFF|
|Esther||10:00 – 16:00||10:00 – 19:30||12:00 – 20:00||09:30 – 18:00||OFF||OFF||OFF|
|Helen||9:30-18:00||OFF||14:00 – 18:30||09:00 – 13:30||09:30 -18:00||OFF||09:30 -18:00|
|Kamal||OFF||9:30-18:00||09:00 – 13:30||14:00 – 18:30||09:30 – 18:00||9:30 -18:00||OFF|
Reorganisation of Tasks:
- Each practitioner will be responsible for making sure their clients are wearing appropriate PPE when entering the spa, if they do not have appropriate equipment, practitioner will provide it and charge client for the PPE
- Each practitioner will be responsible for taking the external temperature of each client entering the spa.
- Each practitioner will be responsible for asking the client the standard COVID questions (see table 2)
- Whilst working on a client, practitioners will wear a mask, gloves where appropriate and a face shield for work close to a client’s head when the client cannot wear a mask because of the treatment.
- Each practitioner will be responsible for the sanitation of their room, the reception area and front door after each client.
- Once per hour, a practitioner will clean the exterior door handle, bathroom door handle, elevator call buttons and floor buttons, front door handles to the building, as per Public Health revised protocols.
- Each practitioner will be responsible for educating their clients on the Spa’s PPE requirements and COVID measures when the appointment is booked. They will also be responsible for enforcing those measures at each visit. Clients may be referred to the Spa’s website.
- Practitioners are responsible for following the protocols laid out in the Azure Skin Care and Peace of Mind Reflexology “COVID-19 Protocols, May 2020”
Second Level Protection: Barriers and Partitions
As Personal Service Providers, the best physical barriers for the Spa practitioners are gloves, face masks and face shields.
Third Level Protection: Rules and Guidelines
- We have identified rules and guidelines for how practitioners and clients should conduct themselves, they can be found in the Azure Skin Care and Peace of Mind Reflexology “COVID-19 Protocols, May 2020” printed and placed in each treatment room for practitioner referral.
- Practitioners have taken the Dermalogica Principles for Enhanced Service Safety Course, covering practitioner and client safety, as well as disinfection methods and materials. Certificates will be clearly displayed in the practitioners’ rooms.
Fourth Level of Protection: Mask Use
- We have reviewed the information on selecting and using masks and instructions on how to use a mask.
- We understand the limitations of masks to protect the wearer from respiratory droplets. We understand that masks should only be considered when other control measures cannot be implemented.
- Practitioners have trained in the proper use of masks.
Please note that failure to adhere to these protocols may result in your appointment being cancelled and you will be charged 50% of the cost of your service.
- Please arrive at your appointment exactly on time. If you are early please stay in your vehicle, until your appointment time. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment it will be cancelled and you will have to pay 50% of the cost of the service.
- Please wear gloves and some sort of mask that covers your nose and mouth, when entering the Spa. If you do not have PPE please call us when you arrive (604-575-3326) and we will meet you at the door with a mask and gloves. There will be a $2 charge for the PPE.
- Mask and gloves must be worn in the reception area, it is shared space.
- Do not bring anyone with you that does not have an appointment, if you do, they cannot wait for you in the Spa.
- Do not come for your appointment if you have travelled out of area in the last 2 weeks, have COVID-like symptoms (cough, fever etc.), or have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID -19.
We do understand that compliance with more rules is frustrating, however please remember that these protocols are in place for your safety and that of our practitioners and other clients.