Curious how to repair sun damaged skin? Azure Spa can help!
How to Repair Sun Damaged Skin
Sun damage to the skin can cause various issues such as wrinkles, dark spots, rough texture, and even an increased risk of skin cancer. While it’s not possible to completely reverse sun damage, we can help you take steps to repair and improve the condition of your skin.
Here are some recommendations:
- Protect your skin from further damage: Limit your sun exposure, especially during peak hours when the sun is strongest (usually between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.). Use broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF (at least 30) every day, even on cloudy days.
- Moisturize regularly: Sun-damaged skin tends to be dry, so keeping it hydrated is crucial. Use a moisturizer that suits your skin type and apply it daily. Look for products containing hyaluronic acid, ceramides, or glycerin, as they help retain moisture.
Our Silk Peel Dermal Infusion June special is an excellent way to insert added moisturizer and rid your skin of dead skin cells!
- Exfoliate gently: Regular exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover, revealing fresher skin. Opt for gentle exfoliants such as chemical exfoliators (e.g., alpha-hydroxy acids or AHAs) rather than harsh scrubs that can further damage the skin.
- Use topical antioxidants: Antioxidants can help repair sun damage by neutralizing free radicals and reducing inflammation. Look for skincare products containing antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, green tea extract, or resveratrol. These can help improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin over time.
- Consider retinoids: Retinoids, derivatives of vitamin A, can stimulate collagen production, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture. Start with a low concentration retinol product and gradually increase usage to avoid irritation. It’s best to consult a dermatologist for personalized advice.
- Treat hyperpigmentation: Dark spots or uneven skin tone caused by sun damage can be treated with ingredients like hydroquinone, kojic acid, azelaic acid, or niacinamide. These ingredients can help lighten pigmentation over time.
- Hydrate from within: Drinking an adequate amount of water helps keep your skin hydrated and promotes overall skin health. Aim for at least eight glasses of water per day and consume hydrating foods like fruits and vegetables.
- Seek professional treatments: Depending on the severity of the sun damage, you might consider professional treatments such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser therapy, or photofacial treatments – all of which Azure Spa can assist you with!
Remember, consistency is key when addressing sun damage. It may take time to see noticeable improvements, so be patient and diligent with your skincare routine.
|June Product Special|
|This month pick up one of our myriad of sun protection products and save 10%! You know how important sun protection is, to prevent sun damage, premature aging and skin cancer and we have what you need to protect yourself! |
PS Don’t forget if you don’t have time to pick up your Dermalogica products from us, you can use the portal on our website to order your products. If you can’t remember what products you use, give us a call or drop us an e-mail. We keep a record of your product purchases.